Modern Jewish Wedding never misses an excuse to eat dessert!
Tomorrow, August 10, is the day devoted to one of my favorite desserts (& favorite dessert station) –the S’more.
I know I fashion myself to be Carriesque. And, Carrie had her issues with the outdoors. Understandably so, “A chipmunk is just a rat in a cuter costume!”
But, there is something about the s’more that reminds me of the outdoors country: the fabulous smell of a campfire, roasting marshmallows and singing James Taylor songs, melted chocolate, messy hands and childhood memories. It’s a feel good dessert (and tasty too).
And, tomorrow, there is even more good reason to have a s’more! Hershey’s chocolate will be partnering up to support Team USA in honor of the National Food Holiday. You can get in on the action too using #HelloFromHome and your message will be delivered directly to Team USA!
To further commemorate the sweet occasion, The Hershey Company debuted Team USA-themed S’mores recipes and party ideas, which include the classic combination of marshmallows, graham crackers and Hershey’s Milk Chocolate:
- S’mores Pops – Transform a classic cake pop recipe into something S’more fun for National S’mores Day. Make these S’mores Pops ahead of your evening watch party and add red, white and blue decorations to make them a festive treat.
- S’mores Party Bags – Plan an Olympic Games viewing party with friends, family and provide pre-made Hershey’s S’mores Party Bags. This is a craft that guests will be thanking you for.
- S’mores in a Cup – There’s more than one way to make a S’more! You can bake this delicious dip for yourself or to share among family and friends.
- Classic S’mores – To add a Team USA twist, try making S’mores with red, white and blue marshmallows.”
If that isn’t reason enough for us to acknowledge the day how about making this awesome “kids’ treat” into a Modern Jewish Wedding worthy one?
The s’more has made some upgrades that make it perfect for a Modern Jewish Wedding dessert. We even have a Pinterest Board dedicated to the satisfying dessert which can be used at every kind of Modern Jewish Wedding from Chic to Elegant and everything in between–they’re even Kosher so you Classic Modern Jewish Brides can take part too.
Here are just a few ways you can have your S’more & eat it too (without worrying about getting your white dress all amuss) at your Modern Jewish Wedding.
There’s plenty more where these came from:
Here are just a few fun facts from Foodimentary
- Every HONEY MAID Graham Cracker is made with the goodness of 5 grams of whole grain per serving and real honey.
- HONEY MAID Graham Crackers were introduced in 1925 and are the leading brand of Graham Crackers in the U.S.
- Americans buy around 90 million pounds of marshmallows every year.
- The Hershey Company makes more than 373 million HERSHEY’S Milk Chocolate bars a year. That’s enough to make 746 million S’mores!
From Right to Left: Frosty S’more cups from Easy Baked, S’mores in a cup from Cooking with Carrie, Smore’s pie from Cookies and Cups, s’more wedding cake from Bride’s, s’more martini from Food Network, Hershey Kiss S’mores from Buzzfeed, preztel & resse’s s’mores from Thrillist, make your own s’more wedding dessert bar from Cookie Creatives
BACK TO TOP